Please read these terms and conditions before entering the competition
- The Australia Day 2022 Quiz Giveaway (the Competition) is a competition run by the Commonwealth of Australia through the Australian Embassy and Permanent Mission in Vienna.
- The Competition will run from 09:00 CET 26 January – 12:00 CET 1 February 2022 (Competition Period).
- Entry into the Competition is free and is open to:
- Any individual based in Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Slovakia, or Slovenia.
- Employees of the Australian Embassy, its contractors and/or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family member means a spouse, defacto partner, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent and/or sibling (and their spouses).
- The Embassy reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements. By entering the Competition, the Entrant warrants that he or she is eligible.
Entering the Competition
- To enter the Competition each Entrant must, during the Competition Period:
- Complete the quiz on the embassy web page and submit their email address.
- Each Entrant is only permitted to enter the Competition once.
- For an entry to be considered valid it must meet the following content criteria:
- The entrant must submit a valid email address.
- Entries which the Embassy determines have involved fraudulent practices, such as false email addresses to allow multiple entries by the same person, or any other illegitimate behaviour to gain advantage over other entrants, will be disqualified from the Competition.
- A hamper of Australian products and confectionary with a value of €40 (The Prize).
- The Prize is given "as is" without any warranty, and is not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The Embassy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value if the original prize is not available.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Embassy will not be responsible for any costs associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prize, including any cost of travelling to redeem the Prize.
Notification and collection of Prize
- The Embassy will randomly draw a winner from all eligible entries on 1 February, which will be overseen and documented by at least two Embassy officers.
- The Embassy will notify the winner by email within two business days of announcing the result. At this time, the Embassy will seek the winner’s contact details, to organise collection of the Prize. The winner must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five business days of the request by the Embassy.
- The Prize can be collected from the Australian Embassy in person by prior appointment, or the Embassy will pay for the cost of sending the Prize by post to an address in one of its countries of accreditation.
- If the winner fails to provide the Embassy with his or her Personal Details and contact details within the required timeframe, or fails to collect the Prize in accordance with paragraph 14, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Embassy reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Entrant grants the Embassy the right to use his or her Personal details, likeness, comments and/or entry for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition and publishing the name of the winner on Embassy’s Facebook, Twitter or web page.
- The Entrant acknowledges that while the Embassy will disclose this information to Facebook and Twitter for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Competition, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. The Entrant should refer to Facebook and Twitter’s own privacy policies for further information as to how it will handle the Entrant’s personal information. The Entrant also acknowledges that by agreeing to the Embassy disclosing their personal information to overseas recipients including Twitter or Facebook, if Twitter or Facebook breach the Australian Privacy Principles, the Embassy will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Entrant will not be able to seek redress under that Act.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Embassy from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- The Embassy is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services. The Embassy accepts no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites or elsewhere on the internet and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via social media services.
Amendments and cancellation
- The Embassy reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions and the Entrant’s continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. The Entrant should check the Embassy’s website on a regular basis for any changes to these terms and conditions. If an Entrant does not agree to a change, he or she may withdraw from the Competition by emailing [email protected]
- The Embassy reserves the right to, for any reason and without any obligation to state a particular reason, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, the Embassy may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prize in respect of the Competition. The decision of the Embassy to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition will not give rise to any liability to pay compensation of any nature to any Entrants.
- The Embassy’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of the Republic of Austria.