Important: Please read these terms and conditions before entering the competition
- The Australia Day 2021 Giveaway (the Competition) is a competition run by the Commonwealth of Australia through the Australian Embassy and Permanent Mission in Vienna.
- The Competition will run from 17:00 CET 13 January – 18:00 CET 25 January 2021 (Competition Period).
- Entry into the Competition is free and is open to:
- Any individual currently residing, or ordinarily resident, in Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Slovakia, or Slovenia during the competition period.
- Employees of the Australian Embassy, its contractors and/or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family member means a spouse, defacto partner, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent and/or sibling (and their spouses).
- The Embassy reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements. By entering the Competition, the Entrant warrants that he or she is eligible.
Entering the Competition
- To enter the Competition each Entrant must, during the Competition Period:
- Email a photograph or other piece of creative work to the Embassy on the specified email address.
- Each Entrant is only permitted to enter the Competition once.
- For an entry to be considered valid it must meet the following content criteria:
- It must be the original work of the Entrant
- It must be submitted in JPG, PNG or PDF format, with a maximum file size of 2MB
- Entries which the Embassy determines have involved fraudulent practices, such as false email addresses to allow multiple entries by the same person, or any other illegitimate behaviour to gain advantage over other entrants, will be disqualified from the Competition.
- A hamper of Australian products and confectionary with a value of €40 (The Prize).
- The Prize is given "as is" without any warranty, and is not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The Embassy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value if the original prize is not available.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Embassy will not be responsible for any costs associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prize, including any cost of travelling to redeem the Prize.
Notification and collection of Prize
- The Embassy will randomly draw a winner from all eligible entries on 27 January, which will be overseen and documented by at least two Embassy officers.
- The Embassy will notify the winner by email within two business days of announcing the result. At this time, the Embassy will seek the winner’s contact details, to organise collection of the Prize. The winner must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five business days of the request by the Embassy.
- The Prize can be collected from the Australian Embassy in person by prior appointment, or the Embassy will pay for the cost of sending the Prize by post to an address in one of its countries of accreditation.
- If the winner fails to provide the Embassy with his or her Personal Details and contact details within the required timeframe, or fails to collect the Prize in accordance with paragraph 14, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Embassy reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Entrant warrants that his or her entry has not been copied, recreated, reproduced or derived from any other work and that the entry does not infringe on any other legal, intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party. The Entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the Embassy from any and all claims by any third party arising out of the use of the Entrant’s entry, including but not limited to claims of infringement or violation of the intellectual property or privacy rights of the third party.
- The Entrant grants the Embassy a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, copy, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the Entrant’s entry, in whole or in part, in any medium, now or at any time in the future for any purpose.
- The Entrant grants the Embassy the right to use his or her Personal details, likeness, comments and/or entry for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition and publishing the name of the winner on Embassy’s Twitter page or website.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Embassy and Twitter from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- The Embassy is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services. The Embassy accepts no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites or elsewhere on the internet and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via social media services.
Amendments and cancellation
- The Embassy reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions and the Entrant’s continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. The Entrant should check the Embassy’s website on a regular basis for any changes to these terms and conditions. If an Entrant does not agree to a change, he or she may withdraw from the Competition by emailing [email protected]
- The Embassy reserves the right to, for any reason and without any obligation to state a particular reason, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, the Embassy may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prize in respect of the Competition. The decision of the Embassy to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition will not give rise to any liability to pay compensation of any nature to any Entrants.
- The Embassy’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of the Republic of Austria.